Hark, what hearest thou?
A sound most unusual did ring,
A moment past now,
As if an angel on high did sing.
Like a clap of thunder,
Or a voice down under,
It shook the earth,
Its total worth.
And now, oh sorrow, it's fading away.
Perhaps if I remember it well,
It might come again, come another day;
And forever, always with me dwell!
Hark, hear thou now the sound?
It comes once more, how sweet the voice!
The light, the door, my heart rejoice!
As here I bow I've found,
My soul's one wish,
Was surely this...
The song, how sweet the sound!
As earth meets sea, and sea meets sky,
This song it lifts me, up on high.
Higher, yet higher, still I fly.
Here are drifting, clouds are nigh.
And deeper, stiller, clearer my eye can see,
As dearer, sweeter, nearer my God is He.
My world, it vanishes away.
For here is the glorious day.
My pain is gone, it's washed away.
Here is my home, and here I'll stay.
And like the ocean,
The earth in motion,
Continues on,
And yet,
It will be gone...
Forget.
But hark, what hearest thou?
'Tis the voice of God.
He's come to take you now...
You're the choice of God.
This is a neat poem I wrote for a school project. 1-31-12
Inspired by the book, “The Good Listener” by James E. Sullivan
No comments:
Post a Comment